Saturday, July 28, 2012

Strengthening the Immune System

I approach challenges differently than others...while most people tend to give up in the face of adversity, I am determined to strengthen my weaknesses. I identify, research, face and defeat the problem. I do everything 110% or not all.

The medical community suggests I suppress my immune system with steroids when an exacerbation occurs. Why would I want to suppress my immune system? Wouldn't I want a healthy, strong immune system? 

I used to take every prescription the doctors would recommend, but the medicine didn't work like it was supposed to. In fact, I often felt sicker and the side effects were horrendous and unbearable.

However, I don't take that approach any more.

I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff and protruding discs...sounds painful right? Well it was, before I started exercising and strengthening the muscles in the areas I felt pain.

I've been told that I need pain medication and to rest, ice or heat the area which hurts. However, I don't! Instead when I feel pain I know I must hit the gym and strengthen the area which hurts.

When I first started weight lifting I was going home every night in complete agony! I was icing and heating everything I could. However, about two months later I no longer pulled out the heating pads or ice because I felt great.

I've applied this same theory to MS. I have been strengthening my immune system with vitamins, herbs and supplements, although I've read and been told not to.

It seems the doctors want to weaken my immune system because they've prescribe high doses of Solu-Medrol every time I got an exacerbation.

I was also told to relax, rest, and stay cool to prevent a relapse, however I go to the gym five days a week and get very hot. I feel what I'm doing is counter-intuitive to what has been suggested to me. Granted I try and get eight hours of sleep a night, but I no longer lay down and sleep when I feel any symptoms. Instead, I go to the gym and try to reverse how I feel; and I go and get more vitamins which boost my immune system and help my lymphatic system.

I came across a great site which described how to purify and detoxify your lymph nodes. Here's the link.

Is taking echinacea bad? I use it and am not scared of it. Regardless of being diagnosed with MS. In fact I'm using it now, to help purify and detoxify my body. 

Is vitamin D bad? Again I use this too. In fact newer studies indicate how beneficial this may be for MS sufferers. Did you know it boosts the immune system?

How about vitamin B? I've heard there are certain B vitamins I shouldn't take, but I take a B-100 everyday, which has all the B vitamins in it (the B complex doesn't have them all).

I am not afraid to find what works through trial and error. After all, if something doesn't work doesn't that mean I should try something else? Why would I continue to go the doctor and take medications if it isn't working? I thought I'd be better off trying new and different ways to be healthy.

I use logic when eating and using supplements, how can something that's natural and healthy be bad for me?

Here's a link to a post of mine called, A Secret to Defeating MS
Another link of mine, Vitamins That Fight Disease.
Yet another link to a post entitled Pesticides and Food Containing Deadly Bromine

No comments:

Post a Comment