Sunday, July 22, 2012

Unleashing my Imagination

I have often wondered where I'd be without my imagination, especially when I was sick for so long. It's because I am creative that I could beat my doctors up, chain them to the tiles, and put the IV into their arms.

This is when I'd see the plastic tubing transform into tentacles as the doctor transformed into his inner demon. I'd watch as his white lab coat became a purple cape, his skin bubbled into a green ooze and his large mouth opened wide to show gnashing lion-like teeth.

The sea foam green hospital walls would burst into flames...and I began to scream, as the fire scorched my skin and transformed my blue gown into dancing blue flames. The heaviness of my body I once felt, disappeared and I felt lighter then air, while I hovered above the hospital bed.

I pulled out my flaming blue metal sword and sliced through the tentacles of the demon. I unleashed a blue fireball from my hands into the minion's mouth - I watched him explode into green slime that splattered everywhere.

It was moments like these that kept me going.

I found out my husband was cheating on me...so I plunged my iron fist into his chest and I ripped his cold, rotting heart out. He is no match for my soul, which is searching for truth and light, that can overcome darkness and evil.

I want to start creating a fictional character based on my reality. I want to do this so that I can send her into different universes, altered worlds, and different dimensions, to battle the demons that haunt our everyday.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I started a sketch of her today. She still needs lots of work, I need to make a costume, a name...colors and a story line for her to live in. I'm working on it:)

      Delete