Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pesticides and Foods Containing Deadly Bromine

I went to Indian Ladder Farms today with my boyfriend to get local nutritious food, free of chemicals and pesticides. While he looked at the farm eggs, I found plums with a handwritten sign which read "Grown here." I picked up two small plums and immediatly felt a powdery substance which covered them.

I began to freak out because I felt a cold sensation in the area of my hand which was touching these two tiny plums.

I ran over to my boyfriend and handed him the poisonous plums....and yelled, "Here take these away from me!"

I'm laughing now while I'm typing this, but its really awful....I handed him toxic chemicals to rid me of them.

I know my body is 10 times more sensitive than most people because of my immune system. In fact I often refer to my allergies as "hypersensitive." I can feel poison quicker than most people because my immune system has been compromised.

I think of my allergies as being unique and different then most people. I'm not only allergic to gluten and soy, but to chemicals as well.

Oddly enough we still purchased the plums...

When I got in the car...I felt my hand burning. It had become darker pink on a section of my palm, coupled by little white dots. I couldn't believe it...I only touched the plums for a few seconds.

I recently was reading the book, Doctors are Dangerous, Take Control of Your Health and Escape the Sickness Industry, and came across the chapter on bromine.

Bromine is typically found in pools and in pesticides. The problem with it being in pesticides, is that when crops are sprayed, rain follows and leaks this poison into the ground and into our water. Meaning we bathe and drink it, in small quantities. Bromine is also found in citrus flavored sodas, Gatorade, some breads and vegetable oil as BVO.

Fortunately, most carbon filtration systems can get rid of the bromine in the water, and spring water is typically free of it.

My boyfriend and I have been using Lugol's Solution for three days right now. Its suppose to help detoxify impurities, including bromine from your body (I will keep everyone up to date with how it works).

Lugol's 5% Solution

When we got home we threw out the plums...(I have no idea why we bought them) and I drank water with 2 drops of Lugol's Solution. I also put iodine on my skin where the sensitivity was.

Be careful with this solution...its very potent and can be dangerous. See this link.

Below is a picture of my hand after holding the two tiny plums for only 10 seconds!


Although this a minor irritation, this happened in seconds!

I learned today, that even a small farm can use pesticides and hormones, and I need to ask more questions to be safe.

Here's an earlier post of mine titled, How I Defeated Multiple Sclerosis

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's pretty intense, know of any safe ways to remove pesticides from foods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely here are a couple of quick, easy homemade
      solutions:

      Wash 1
      - 20 drops grapefruit seed extract, available at most health food stores
      - 1 Tablespoon baking soda
      - 1 cup white vinegar
      - 1 cup water
      - spray bottle

      Wash 2
      - 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
      - 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
      - 1 cup water
      - spray bottle

      Spray the produce with the mixture and let it sit for 5-10 minutes and rinse thoroughly to wash away any residue.

      Delete
  2. I have been using Lugol's Solution for about 3 or 4 months now. I do think that it has helped in the detoxification process of my body. Just be careful because you don't want to use too much, or more than your body needs.

    ReplyDelete